Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Only Fools & Handymen...

PCPaul wrote:
On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 23:17:13 +0000, Dave wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

I count among my mistakes and accidents

1) Reversing over a customers dog that was asleep behind my van 2)
Locking a customer out of the house (their fault for having stupid
locks)
3) Getting a customer pregnant
4) Breaking a vase that cost £100
Didn't you nail a cat under the floorboards a while ago?

I would be more interested in No 3 Getting a customer pregnant.

Is that an hourly rate or, like, by the job?

I put back a dead cat we found in some 100 year old thatch, in some new
thatch.

I built a bottle of PVA glue into a stud wall once.

I think half my chimney stack is still exuding the brickies urine..and i
wouldn't mind betting there isn't a turd filled cavity up there as well.

I think the prize goes to the prat who use 6" nails to nail chipboard to
expensive oak doorframes to 'protect them from wheelbarrow damage'

The most worrying thing was that he appeared not to understand what he
had done wrong..either taking the **** to an extraordinary level, or
simply too thick to be useful. He went the next day.