Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Stubborn 3mm screws

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Pozidriv, I've been told, can be far more difficult in the US.

You've been told incorrectly!.. those junk driving bits are all
over here.. They make lots of screw fasteners with that kind of
head in it.

Pozidriv is HUGELY superior. That's why Phillips made it !

IIRC it was a joint development between Phillips and the American Screw
Company. But GKN in the UK had the rights to it for some of the world and
promoted it rather more - perhaps because Phillips screws hadn't the same
market penetration over here.

Now I think of it, you're right. Those kits were GKN. But Pozi screws are now
somewhat more universal than Phillips for all the design reasons stated. I
can hardly remember when I last had to use a Phillips driver.

Graham