Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
C & S C & S is offline

Default quilter's cutting table

"charlieb" wrote in message
Interesting piece in interesting wood. Must weigh a ton - and a half.

I estimate that it's just north of 200 lbs.

Nice the way the spalting pattern flows acrossed the drawers. The
raised panels on the sides is a nice touch. The top glue up must've been
fun. Did you T&G, spline or biscuit the boards?

Nope just glue. I glued subassemblies of about 6 boards, rejoint/plane and
then assembled those.

I guess quilters work all the way around the bench so the through
drawers idea will get some use.

Not really, it replaces a table of similar size that rolls around the room.
It ends up being a laundry sorting table.

I did through drawers on my woodworking bench - but combined the drawer
guide and drawer pulls function rather than putting drawer pulls on the
drawer fronts....

Perhaps it's obvious, perhaps not. My design was was heavily influenced by
woodworking bench design.

Lots of nice details in your bench - that most people probably won't
notice - or appreciate. Nice work.

Thanks.

Any idea of the hours in this thing - or the board feet?

120 hours? 150 bdft? I really didn't count either.

-Steve