Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Chris is offline

Default Converting B-vent to Vent Free?

Chuck wrote:
I have had a Regency, B-vent, freestanding fireplace with gas logs
running on city propane for 12 years and now want to convert it to a
ventless/vent free log set. The problem with ordering new vent-free gas
logs is that my existing firebox is so darn small, in size like 21"W x
10"D x 9"H. Other than the obvious difference in venting, and the
inclusion of an oxygen depletion sensor (ODS), what else is different
about the log sets? burners? I guess my question is this, can I just add
an ODS type pilot system to my current gas logs or do I need to buy a
different set of logs that will fit?

Chuck

Ok. I found your original question from November 19, 2008. I do not believe you
can convert them. Not only are the sensors different, but I believe the burners
are also different.

Vanguard sells 18 inch logs and Peterson sells 16 inch vent free.

Hope this helps.

Chris