Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Stubborn 3mm screws

Fred McKenzie wrote:

In article ,
Eeyore wrote:

Which is 100% WRONG. Pozidrives have been available for about 40 years, so
there's hardly any excuse not to use the correct term. They are totally
different.

Graham-

That may be true, but they don't seem to be as common as you suggest.
When I tried to find a driver for the PosiDrive screws Hewlett Packard
used in my counter, there were none to be found. None of the sales
people in any of the various tool or hardware stores knew what I was
talking about.

I have recently obtained kits from two sources that include PosiDrive
bits. But that is after several years of searching for them!

Fred

That is why I have a 100 piece security bit set.. which also includes
the various styles of tips required for those mongrel screws.

The set might be cheap but they work!..

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"