Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Stubborn 3mm screws

In article ,
Eeyore wrote:
I am STUNNED that no-one except me knows that Philips heads are all
but obsolete these days.

You MUST use the correct driver.

Plenty still use the term for any cross head screw.

Which is 100% WRONG. Pozidrives have been available for about 40 years,
so there's hardly any excuse not to use the correct term. They are
totally different.

Nor is pozidriv the only alternative design. I'm constantly coming across
crosshead screws where a genuine pozidriv screwdriver of the correct size
doesn't fit.

But think Hoover - it's a very long time since they were the brand leader
but the use of their name as a generic continues.

--
*Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice?"

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.