Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Need Whitworth tools. Will trade for Stuff

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 12:40:48 +0000, the infamous David Billington
scrawled the following:

A friend of mine has parents in the Bahamas and whenever he or his
sister go out to visit from the UK they have to take bacon and sausages
as all the stuff they get in the Bahamas is from the US. Having lived in
the US its difficult to understand how the best bacon seemed to have
more fat than the streaky we get in the UK.

Yes, the best bacon is 75% fat. Char it and most of that goes away
while leaving one the best tastes on Earth. It ranks right up there
with Sumatran coffee.

Having experienced both for some years I agree on the qualities of the
smell and taste of bacon but definitely disagree on which version is
best, makes for an interesting world. I much prefer the English stuff
and Danish and prefer smoked bacon. The Dutch have "spek" which is fatty
like US bacon but tends to be sliced much thinner.

Whats the bacon like in Canada.

That's not bacon, it's ham which is -called- Canadian Bacon.
'Orrible stuff!

--
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.
-- Confucius