Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default B&Q 15%-off weekend

S Viemeister wrote:
Rod wrote:
mick wrote:
On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 18:06:57 +0000, Anna Kettle wrote:

Anna, for some reason I can never see your posts in Pan (they show
up, but with no body content at all)! Knode reads them ok, but it
looks as if your sig sep is "--" instead of "-- " and some of the
numbers in your sig show as non-existent graphic blocks. It's only
you - no-one else. It's a bit of a pain having to switch between news
readers... :-( Could you possibly have a look at your setup, with a
view to letting us poor, impoverished linux users read your gems of
wisdom?
:-)

mick (and Anna),

It isn't just for you! Am using Thunderbird on XP - sig. is broken and
several question marks:

Tel: ���(+44) �01359 230642
Mob: � (+44) �07976 649862

(Posted in order to add to evidence. The posts are still readable for
me so it is no big deal.)

I use Thunderbird and XP, and see Anna's posts with no problem.

I have character encoding set to UTF-8 as default. Wondert if that is
why? But if Anna's posts are not UTF-8, shouldn't something, somewhere
be telling my Thunderbird what they are? (Not saying mine is configured
optimally. Just that is how it is.)

A quick look at some headers here shows that most posts that declare an
encoding are 7bit us-asci or iso 8859-1.

--
Rod

onset.