Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Only Fools & Handymen...

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Anyone remember that wonderful episode of Only Fools & Horses with the
chandelier?

Indeed...

Cable coming through the hole wasn't 'quite' long enough to reach the JB, so
knowing there was still a bit of slack I pulled the cable up a bit.

That wasn't the problem.

Letting go of the cable was. It started to disappear back through the hole.
I'd inadvertently lifted the chandelier off the hook.

An almighty crash followed, then a series of crashes. They were the sounds
of the chandelier hitting the banisters, then bouncing down the stairs.

I wonder who's face had the better expression? ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.