Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Wish Me Luck !

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 18:02:24 -0600, the infamous "Terry Coombs"
scrawled the following:

AndrewV wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message

I do need to check with local FD rules , I'm sure there are
circumstances where I'll need a means to open from inside - without
compromising security . For a start , though , I've got a couple of
AC surrounds to bid . Condenser and window unit theft is a major
problem here . That might turn out to be enough business to keep
this going ... --
Snag
sometimes ya gotta
shovel manure
to pay the bills
First Good luck in your start-up If you provide a good quality
product, show up and get the job done, you won't have to worry about
being the low bid.

I've heard that before - because it's true . Might have ot let a few go a
bit cheaper to get the word out though . A happy customer can be the best
advertising you can get .

I strongly recommend against that, Terry. Once you set a price,
discounts seem to be the rule and people will think you're trying to
cheat them if your regular price is higher.

BTDT and got bitten for it.

Sometimes prices can be too low and prevent sales as well. I once worked
with a friend selling stuff at a hamfest, we had a big box of perfect
new Belden power cords marked $0.50/ea and they were not selling. We got
****ed, marked them up to $1/ea and sold out.