Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Need Whitworth tools. Will trade for Stuff

Gerald Miller wrote:
On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 04:58:14 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 22:09:54 +1100, the infamous "Grumpy"
scrawled the following:

There is still plenty of whitworth stuff available here in Australia,both
new and used.

You might try ebay.com.au

Unfortunately, he could buy a whole new scoot for the price of
shipping a few heavy steel tools here from Oz, Grumps. Hell, "they"
get $20USD for shipping a mere paperback book from there. It's one of
the most ridiculous things I've seen in a long while.

About 5 years ago I sent a dozen boxes of Kraft Dinner to my KD
addicted son in the other London. $4.95 for the product, $39.70 parcel
post; rates are higher now. Even at that, he figures he could make a
profit by having me ship it to him and sell it below the local retail
price. Every visit, I take an extra suitcase full of KD (I'm on a
special diet and bring my own food, don't you know).

A friend of mine has parents in the Bahamas and whenever he or his
sister go out to visit from the UK they have to take bacon and sausages
as all the stuff they get in the Bahamas is from the US. Having lived in
the US its difficult to understand how the best bacon seemed to have
more fat than the streaky we get in the UK. Whats the bacon like in Canada.

---
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
--John Wayne (1907 - 1979)

Gerry :-)}
London, Canada