Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Maytag/Amana bottom freezer noise

On Nov 26, 2:48*pm, "Art" wrote:
More research indicates that the light switch turns on the ice maker when
the drawer is closed. *The noise appears related to the ice maker which
seems to have failed.

"Pat" wrote in message

nvilleaccesscompany...

"Art" wrote in message
om...
I own a 4 year old Maytag (actually built my Amana) bottom freezer
refrigerator. *It is making a strange *clicking noise that I traced to
something ridiculous. *It is the freezer light switch. *When the freezer
light switch is on (freezer drawer is open) there is no noise. *But if you
push the switch in (light is off) or push the freezer drawer closed a
constant click click morse code like sound is emitted by the refrigerator.
I was wondering if anyone had any experience in replacing the freezer
light switch on this model.

Thanks.

Probably not the switch. *You may have some debris in a fan that turns off
when the door opens.- Hide quoted text -

OK - here's the question -

Does the switch turn the ice machine on when the drawer is closed or
does the switch turn the ice machine off when the drawer is open?

I vote for "off when open" since it's essentially a safety feature.

Happy Thanksgiving!