Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need Whitworth tools. Will trade for Stuff

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 20:52:45 +0900, Stealth Pilot
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 01:57:29 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

The subject says it all.

what whitworth tools do you need?
taps?
dies?
spanners?

very zen that subject line. says it all but says nothing.
Stealth Pilot

Whitworth screwdrivers, crescent wrenches and the like. And maybe a
Whitworth crosspoint screwdriver and a Stillson (pipe wrench)

I take it you havent followed the Royal Enfield thread?

Im getting an elderly Royal Enfield 700 up and running and have been
running into tool size incompatibilty, so I need spanners, ring
spanners, sockets and whatever I can find to losen and tighten Whitworth
fasteners without chewing them up.

here once was a frog named Whitworth
who liked to sit on a britworth
one day he slipped wrench
because of his bench
and now he is stuck in the snitworth

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania