Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - God, then and now

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that "David R.Birch"
wrote on Tue, 25 Nov 2008 06:45:21 -0600 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
RogerN wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote in message
Gee, Roger, why hasn't God given you a better job, instead of causing
events that lead to you getting overtime?

David

Like Harold said, **** happens! Many people have better jobs than I do,
many others have worse. All I can do is try to go with the flow and make
the best of it.

Which is what we all do and it works out regardless of whether we need
invisible friends to believe in.

Screw this "patience of Job" nonsense, if a god I worshiped shat on me
like yours does on you, I'd have started questioning his value in my
life a long time ago.

How protestant of you. That seems to be the American version of
God: good things happen to you as a sign of God's favor, bad things
happen to you because you are unloved by God.
The question to ask when "bad" things happen is not "Why?", but
"How?" Not "God, why is this happening to me?" but rather "How, O
Lord, are we to persevere?" Earthquake, Flood, Famine, Federal
Elections, flat tires, flatulence, or ring around the collar - the
question to ask is "Now, what do I do?"
To quote Zorba "I 've hands, feet, a head - they do the work, what
do I care?"

tschus
pyotr

--