Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Maytag/Amana bottom freezer noise

I own a 4 year old Maytag (actually built my Amana) bottom freezer
refrigerator. It is making a strange clicking noise that I traced to
something ridiculous. It is the freezer light switch. When the freezer
light switch is on (freezer drawer is open) there is no noise. But if you
push the switch in (light is off) or push the freezer drawer closed a
constant click click morse code like sound is emitted by the refrigerator.
I was wondering if anyone had any experience in replacing the freezer light
switch on this model.

Thanks.