Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Wish Me Luck !

Wes wrote:

"Terry Coombs" wrote:

I'm wondering where I'm open to liability , since you're the second person
to mention insurance coverage . Perhaps in the event one of my units fails ?
I can't see the bar unit itself failing , but perhaps the surface it's
mounted on ...

One thing to consider, are you a rock that a contingency fee lawyer is going to be able to
squeeze water or blood out of?

Insurance is for people with something to lose. Of all things, I'd think what you are
making is one of the safer things in manufacturing. Big assed bars over the window, my
sawsall going through the wall, my bet is on the sawsall.

Bars over windows are feel good stuff. In the typical frame home, a battery powered
sawsall can penetrate the wall, cut a hole, and you can reach in and unlock the door.

I don't think I'd be worried about the insurance too much.

As I noted, one of the risks is his super duper security bars preventing
an occupant from escaping a fire.