Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Chandler Jim Chandler is offline

Default Wish Me Luck !

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 17:41:57 -0600, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

I my opinion - and my experience bears this out - anyone that's willing to
get off their ass and WORK can make a living . Unlike those who sit on
their ass and whine about how bad things are .
Which are you , Hawke ?

Great attitude. FWIW, the whole world told me I was f$%^ing nuts when I quit
my job in 1991 to grow apples. Its been 17 years and I've never looked back.
Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about insurance until you start to
make a profit. You're taking a risk, but the scammers only go after deep
pockets. My feeling is you can easily overinsure yourself and doom any
chance of profit.

Karl

Someone on the ultralight forum the other day suggested that someone
in a situation such as yours incorporate so as to keep your personal
assets clear of the business. Your liability exposure should be
minimal. They suggest that after forming your corporation that you
carry NO liability insurance whatever. As was said above, the lawyers
only go after deep pockets and if you don't even HAVE any poskets,
they're not going to be bothered.

Jim