Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wish Me Luck !

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 17:16:13 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Hawke wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
I've decided to go into business for myself (been there before ...)
building window bars and A/C surrounds . I've checked a few local
fabricators , and I can beat their prices by a pretty fair margin .
Nothing fancy , just basic security bars . Just returned from the
steel yard with a load of stock for fabricating samples ...
Getting laid off last week might be a blessing !
--
Snag
When times get tough , break-ins go up ... are YOU protected ?

Going into business for yourself, eh? In this business environment?
Boy, you are going to need a lot of luck. I don't want to tell you
what the odds of failure for a new start up are so good luck anyway.
You will be needing a lot of it to even make it through the first
year. You'll be needing quite a bit of money too. I don't want to
scare you off but making a new business pay off is a real challenge.
If you can make any money from your efforts you'll have done a lot
better than most.

Hawke

Well ain't you a ray of hope in an otherwise gray and gloomy day . Ya
think I haven't thought this out and done at least some basic research ? I
know what the odds are , I know what the market for this product is , I know
the price point I need to beat , and have a pretty damn good estimate of my
expected profit margin . As far as capitalization , I already own most of
the tooling I'll need , I have space for the operations I'll be doing .
I have connections to a customer base , and already have a couple of
estimates to run for tomorrow . I was asked to estimate based on a sample I
fabricated this afternoon ...
And to ice this cake , I also have a degree in accounting and business
management - along with several years experience in running my own business
.
I my opinion - and my experience bears this out - anyone that's willing to
get off their ass and WORK can make a living . Unlike those who sit on their
ass and whine about how bad things are .
Which are you , Hawke ?

Hawkey lives in his moms basement. Unemployed, useless, fat and pizza
faced, living in the squalor of empty chip wrappers, Mt Dew empties and
cockroaches. He only comes up to restock on HoHos, the lastest video
game and Hustler magazine.

Pay no attention to him, he would **** on the parade of anyone with more
gumption than he has, which is 99.99999999 % of the human race.

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania