Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Snell Pete Snell is offline

Default Wish Me Luck !

wrote:

I believe in that case, she won because that McD's had been warned
repeatedly that their coffee was excessively hot. There's hot coffee,
and then there's 'burn on contact' coffee.

Yeah, my understanding of that case is that the case was sound, but
the settlement was larger than even the jury expected. It was based on
the something like the proceeds of the money McDonalds made in one day
by selling their coffee in the US. Turned out to be a much larger number
than the jury anticipated.

Pete

--
Pete Snell