Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Ten Reasons Why the Auto Bailout Is a Bad Idea

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:14:30 -0800, the infamous "Bill Noble"
scrawled the following:

actually, the market that the american car makers abandoned was two-fold -
small cars (like the rambler metropolitan), and small high end cars - there
is no reason why we can't make cars as nice as Porsche, but we dont' want
to. So, if you look at the profit margins, who is raking in the money?
Porsche (they just bought 75% of VW when the stock market tanked) - why
doesn't GM make a BMW killer? who knows, but it's not that it can't be
done.

Hell, given a few more years of production, Zastava Automobil (makers
of the famous Zastava Koral, aka: the Yugo) could have built a BMW
killer. Austrian and German engineering are waaaaay overrated in this
country, as far as vehicles go.

---
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
--John Wayne (1907 - 1979)