Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
matthew maguire[_2_] matthew maguire[_2_] is offline

Default Ten Reasons Why the Auto Bailout Is a Bad Idea

Bill Noble wrote:

(snip)
- why
doesn't GM make a BMW killer? who knows, but it's not that it can't be
done.

In a way they do, the Caddie STS, also Chrysler has the 300C. Both have
bleeding edge suspensions and powertrains that a US baby boomer like me
could only dream of in our youth.

Problem is, too many US consumers want a rocket ship for the price of a
bicycle (Wally world understands that).

If BMW had only the US market to sell into they would be a very small
company. It seems ironic to me that the STS, 300C and to a lesser
extent Mustangs sell well to the "beautiful people" in Europe. In the
first two there is no "status symbol" only the love of a good driver,