Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_3_] Bill Noble[_3_] is offline

Default Ten Reasons Why the Auto Bailout Is a Bad Idea

"Wes" wrote in message
"None4You" wrote:

GM makes you buy a big ass truck to get a decent vehicle , And has
abandoned the entry level car . Because its not profitable enough. They
abandoned building small cars people want. They abandoned the entry level
customer or college grad. They abandoned little cars.

I like my Saturn SL1, gets 36 MPG. I'll likely replace it some day with a
Saturn ION.

WEs

actually, the market that the american car makers abandoned was two-fold -
small cars (like the rambler metropolitan), and small high end cars - there
is no reason why we can't make cars as nice as Porsche, but we dont' want
to. So, if you look at the profit margins, who is raking in the money?
Porsche (they just bought 75% of VW when the stock market tanked) - why
doesn't GM make a BMW killer? who knows, but it's not that it can't be
done.