Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Green Woodturning, Free Walnut

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 22:37:24 +0000, John wrote:

In message , mac davis
writes

BTW: Mineral oil is also the main ingredient in "baby oil"..
(nope, not made from pressing babies)

Squished Babies..bit messy.

But have you tried using Baby Oil on wood?

Yes, that was my original point.. wet sanding with mineral oil..
You don't want to use "baby oil" because it usually has stuff added, such as
perfume, aloe, etc..

My results were really stunning, for a few days.. lol
As mineral oil not only isn't a finish, but also never dries, the nice shiny
bowl soon becomes a dull, sticky dust collector..

I wet sand with natural Danish oil now and buff when cured..
MUCH better than baby oil, IMHO

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing