Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic Michael Koblic is offline

Default Machining videos

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Michael Koblic wrote:
I actually liked the three DVDs I rented from Smartflix - ...

My biggest complaint about the SmartFlix DVD's that I rented was the
excessive repetitiveness. E.g., there was a gear-hobbing video that
spent sooo much time showing the cutting of tooth after tooth after
tooth .... I got the feeling that they were dragging it out so the
video wouldn't be too short. Short would have been better than the
tedious repetition.

Bob

Actually, they are great if you suffer from insomnia. But I find that with
any DVD about turning - metal, wood, don't ca Within half-an hour I am
asleep. I have to watch turning videos in stages as I miss a lot :-)

OTOH to be fair the ones I saw covered their subject in great detail and I
learned a lot. But then I knew nothing about their subject to start with...