Chris Spyrou

Default Light Switch Advise

Richard wrote:
"Chris Spyrou" wrote in message
. ..
The light set-up:
- 240W Spot Lights in the Kitchen.
- 2 x 20W Under Cabinet Lights (4 of these)
- 1 x 60W Hallogen Light in one hallway and 1 x 60W
Hallogen Light in the other hallway operated together
off the same connection.
- 1 x 150W Outside Garden Light - no sensor

I would like to have 2 double dimmers like these ones.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/KND22BC.html

The [1st] left dimmer to operate the kitchen light and the
right dimmer to operate the under cabinet lights.
The [2nd] left dimmer to operate the 2 hallway lights and
the right dimmer to operate the garden light. Also to
retain the 1G2W switch that turns on/off the hallway lights.

Is this possible?

I don't think the 4 Gang Dimmer Switch will be OK for this.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/KND25BC.html

I've read this and it seems that it should be OK.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technica...immerGuide.htm

If you wish to dim halogen lamps you must have electronic
type transformers and the correct type of dimmer switch.

Thanks, but according to the technical data above it seems
OK, unless I'm reading it wrong.