Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Plastic to Plastic Adhesive

PCPaul wrote:
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:02:28 +0000, mo wrote:

My car (Fiesta) - drivers mirror is the type that is on a spring so if
you drive into something it springs backwards.

The owner before me (!) hit something a bit harder than the spring could
handle and so now its broken. Basically it kidn of hooked on in 2
places, the stronger of the hooks is broken but the mirror still holds
into place (and the electric controls work)

Now my mechanic suggested either replacing (way too expensive) or
sticking it into place with a screw (not ideal)

Way too expensive to replace? Are you sure?

http://search.ebay.com/260303692799

(If that's the wrong model Fiesta, there are loads more on there too...)

Why spend £5-£10 on a bodge when £35 and ten minutes with a screwdriver
will fix it for good?

I like the way its described in good condition, what's poor like???

--
Kevin R
Reply address works