Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair
f825_677 f825_677 is offline

Default Electrolytics question

Arfa Daily wrote:

As Graham says, but be aware that unless you are a *very* experienced
solderer, and posess the right desoldering equipment, you will struggle to
do the job. These are some of the very worst bitches to get out of a board,
that you will *ever* come across. And then some.

You should try a Sony 1602 or 1601 IC from one of their broadcast mixer
boards - it can take an hour if you're lucky and all day if you're not
and we have professionaly desoldering vacumme equipment - the holes are
barely larger than the pin its self every engineer working on these
things in every broadcast engineering department complaints about these
devices.. Give me a 100 pin BGA device any day..