Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default OT - God, then and now

. net...

There's a reason I was self employed, Roger. It's because I was not happy
working for the other guy. I knew I had capabilities, and I had
confidence in myself that I could be successful. I did not wait for
God to reward me at the costs of the grief and sorrow of others.

Your head needs a trip to the shop. You "ain't" right!

If that was the case then I would agree with you. There was no sorrow or
grief of others. I don't try to climb the ladder of success and step on
others on the way. If I do something more successful than other, I try to
lend a hand and help others. If I gain knowledge or insight, I don't go
boast to my boss but I openly share it with others often letting them tell
the boss like it was their idea. My coming in for the overtime on Saturday
saved another employee from getting called in. The one who would have been
called in if I refused to come in had plans for the weekend.

There has been times I've been sent to help others repair a machine and
would find something simple that they missed. I didn't expose their mistake
to the boss or others I just acted like working together we found the
problem and fixed it.

You sure seem to take what I write and find a way to twist it. I wasn't
happy about having to go and work 12 hours on Saturday but you are right
about me trying to see the good in a bad situation. It does help me
financially and I saved another employees Saturday the he could enjoy the
game he went to. If I get all upset about being called in I go in with a
bad attitude and am less productive. Instead I went in, checked out the
situation, saw the electricals were drying, and fixed other problems they
were having with the line. I also sent some e-mails trying to get something
done so if something similar would happen again we might be able to get the
line running without the single server computer that had that whole line
down.

It's time to stand on your own two legs and do something with yourself.

I'm trying to, that's a lot of my interest in playing with the CNC machines.
I'm responsible to my family and don't want to do something I'll regret and
hurt them in the process. If I can find something I can get into on the
side and grow it from there, that would be ideal.