Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default OT - God, then and now

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
Harold,

I found a video of a machine that I did the controls designing, building,
and programming on at my previous job. This video was from July 2001, a
couple of months later we were installing it at the customers site when I
heard about the planes hitting the World Trade Center towers on September
11th.

http://users.wildblue.net/regor/bulb_skt_assy.wmv

Very interesting machine, Roger, although I have no clue what you're talking
about. I know virtually nothing about computers, or computer controlled
machines. I envy you your knowledge.

I was self employed from 1967 until I sold my refining business and retired
in spring of '94. I had spent 26 years in the machining industry,
primarily in aero-space and defense, plus a little time working for the
pharmaceutical industry, primarily building tooling for manufacturing
products, or building precision metering pumps for a computerized blood
analyzing machine. 16 of those years were running my own shop. I then
spent the next 11 years processing precious metals, selling the business I
had founded to retire.

There's a reason I was self employed, Roger. It's because I was not happy
working for the other guy. I knew I had capabilities, and I had
confidence in myself that I could be successful. I did not wait for God
to reward me at the costs of the grief and sorrow of others.

Your head needs a trip to the shop. You "ain't" right!

It's time to stand on your own two legs and do something with yourself.

Harold