Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default OT - God, then and now

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
snip-

if they want me to come in too, they can pay me for my time
just as they do the others.

You have my sympathy, Roger, but not my understanding. I've been involved
in a job where I wasn't happy----in fact, more than once. I solved the
riddle by leaving, not staying and stealing from the company, as if it was
justified. I suggest you grow some balls and act accordingly.

Needless to say, I didn't really mean to imply that you should work for
free----far from it. What I did mean to imply is that you are so blinded by
your faith that you see good in bad things and delight in the benefit you
receive, in spite of the harm done to others. It doesn't matter what goes
wrong, you're going to think that God has singled you out for success,
regardless of how much others are hurt. Maybe you can justify that kind
of convoluted thinking, but in my opinion it exemplifies what's wrong with
religious zealots. In particular, you are an unbalanced individual, unable
to discern right from wrong.

You accuse me of being narrow of mind, yet you appear to have no room for
anything but reactions at the hands of God. You can't even entertain the
idea that some things happen because that's the nature of things, with no
guidance. Which one of us is narrow of mind? I can certainly
understand how there could be a creator-----I choose to believe there isn't
because I've never seen anything that constitutes evidence to support the
notion, yet I see, daily, how the concept is used to screw over humanity.
One sect can find justification in killing another because they can't agree
on which god is correct----or other atrocities, all in the name of God.
Really makes one wonder, doesn't it?

You have convoluted thinking, Roger, and you justify it as if it is approved
by God. Moral people don't enjoy benefiting by the losses of others.
But then, that's my logic------the logic of what you consider a heathen.
I wonder how your God would judge the two of us?

Harold