Kim Whitmyre

Default Why wood prices are going up

In article m,
says...
On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:17:37 -0700, Kim Whitmyre wrote:

There is personal profit to be made, as always, in war. Unfortunately,
even if we neglect the ethical considerations, most of this profit goes
to a very, very small percentage of "Americans." Ergo, it's a losing
proposition for most Americans.

Possibly true, and by this same logic, since only 3000 out of 300,000,000
people were killed on 9/11, it's probably not much to worry about. Why,
that's only 1/10th of the number of automobile accident victims we have
every year, and nobody raises a fuss about that.

-Doug

And even fewer raise a fuss about the foreign policy that has, over many
years, engendered the hatred that the towers are only a symptom of. . .I
guess as long as I'm fat and happy, the rest of the world can go to hell
in a handbasket, eh?

Logic?

Kim