Posted to alt.home.repair

Default insulate doorknob

On Sun 23 Nov 2008 08:20:09p, Ron told us...

On Nov 23, 9:17*pm, Red Green wrote:

1) They used to make rubber caps for them long ago. Probably were sold

help prevent wall damage but really don't know.

Weren't those for kid proofing? IOW, you had the squeeze the rubber
cover in order the turn the doorknob. If a child tried to turn the
knob the cover would just spin around the knob.

I think they were mainly to prevent wall damage. Depending on the doorknob
(many earlier knobs were large), they fit tightly enough that no squeezing
was necessary. I remember having those in one of the first homes my
parents had.

They do now have covers or a sort of ring that does prevent a child from
turning the knob.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Sunday, 11(XI)/23(XXIII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till U.S. Thanksgiving Day
3dys 3hrs 39mins
Read the dictionary backwards and look for secret messages.