Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default OT - God, then and now

Harold,

I found a video of a machine that I did the controls designing, building,
and programming on at my previous job. This video was from July 2001, a
couple of months later we were installing it at the customers site when I
heard about the planes hitting the World Trade Center towers on September
11th.

http://users.wildblue.net/regor/bulb_skt_assy.wmv

It was a fairly easy program but the machine was fun because so much was
going on for such a small machine. It was all programmed in ladder logic on
a Mitsubishi PLC. There were 4 servo actuators, 2 for the bulb pick and
place and 2 for the bulb-socket assembly to the tray pick and place.

That was in 2001, today I work for a company that might decide to have me
changing light bulbs or otherwise wasting my abilities tomorrow. I could do
some valuable work for the company but instead they choose to waste my
abilities. Sorry if I don't agree with you that I should donate my time to
them.

RogerN