Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic Michael Koblic is offline

Default Machining videos

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
http://techtv.mit.edu/collections/ehs-videos/videos

Set of 10 videos, 30-40 minutes each. Beginner/novice level, but well
done. Better than some of the DVD's at SmartFlix & free.

Bob

I had a look at the first three. For someone without any formal training
these are very useful. Like anything, they are not the complete answer, more
a part of the mosaic of learning.

The only thing that puzzled me was the way he taught tapping in the 1st
clip - you try doing it that way with a 6-32 in steel and you are digging
out a broken tap. OTOH I made note of at least three things to implement in
the near future in my garage. No doubt there will be more.

I actually liked the three DVDs I rented from Smartflix - however, their
service became a bit of PIA, so no more.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC