Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ignator ignator is offline

Default DIY Coolant Pump For Milling

On Nov 23, 1:24 am, Richard J Kinch wrote:
matthew maguire writes:
The only real downside is the air use
(compressor noise) and cost (more electricity for the compressor).

Plus misting introduces a constant contamination of the atmosphere, deeply
inhalable micro droplets and vapor of questionable microbial sanitation and
anticorrosion chemicals. But I suppose that's better than emulsified swine
fat that's been in a bucket for months. Flooding with petroleum
hydrocarbons sounds better all the time.

Does anyone here remember T-nut, who bought a machine shop, where they
were using misting coolant, which irritated his lungs (a precursor of
lung cancer in my memory was actual cause) so he removed all mist
cooling systems from his shop.
After that it killed all ideas of buying anything from Enco or any
other vendor who sold these.
My recommendation is to use oil based coolant, no water/emulsions as
you must clean up every time you use this to prevent machine rust.
Ignator