Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] carlbernardi@gmail.com is offline

Default insulate doorknob

On Nov 22, 10:07*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 22:02:40 -0500, "Don Phillipson"

wrote:
wrote in message

Has anyone ever insulated a doorknob to keep the cold air out? *I was
thinking about removing it, filling the hole with foam then cut holes
for the screws and latch. *Wondering what other's opinions are.

The steel rotating part will still conduct cold from one side
to another. * We can reduce the apparent coldness of the
interior door handle by fitting a wood bezel and handle in
place of metal ones.

Fill a condom with "Great Stuff" spray foam. *Immediately stretch the
condom over your knob and let it swell. *Once it gets hard, you will
have a large well insulated knob.

Condoms are for loosers!