Posted to alt.home.repair
Ted[_11_] Ted[_11_] is offline

Default Faucet Valve Handles Difficult to Open (Sometimes)

My bathroom lavatory faucet handles are difficult to open, usually one
or more times a day.

Usually they open easily.

Opening either one will cause the flow to run out fast, then slow to a
normal rate in 5 seconds or so.

Doing so will allow the other to open easily, with normal flow rate.

We have a circulating hot water system, where a pump next to the water
heater, about 40 feet away keeps hot water running in a loop that runs
within 8 feet of the faucet.

Could this system be the cause of the problem, creating over pressure?

Or could there be another cause?

I think the house pressure regulator is set for 80 lbs. I think the
high pressure allowed the plumber to use smaller pipes in installing
the system.

Thanks for reading this and giving any suggestions.

Ted