Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Tim is offline

Default DIY Coolant Pump For Milling

On Nov 22, 6:59�pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
I've been playing with a Taig 2019 mini mill for a while now, and its fun,
but for hogging out any real amounts of metal I need to keep a constant
spray of oil on my cutter.

I just asked my local furnace/ AC repair guy to save me an oil fired
furnace's pump for me the next time he replaced a furnace. This is the
unit that pumps the heating oil through a nozzle to spray it into the
combustion/heating chamber. Free for the asking!
I haven't set it up on the old Bridgeport yet but it's 110V and I can
pretty much use it as is. I just have to plumb some lines to it using
the threaded input and output ports and close the re-circulation port
too.
I believe I originally heard of this in this group?

Tim
Finger Lakes region of NY
www.alisam.com