Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.cleaning
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Need black leather cleaner for an Ikea chair (for fancy leather £200 chair), but Ikea don't deliver!

On 23 Nov, 14:30, spencer wrote:

So, erm, what else can I use in its place?

Any brand you like, so long as the main ingredient is lanolin (from
sheeps' wool). Big Tesco nearby? Try their horse tack section (yes,
really!) the leather treatment they sell in there is cheap and decent.
Otherwise try a saddlery shop (somewhere posh where they ride), which
will have a vast range of leathercare products.

If it's really filthy, use "saddle soap" to clean it (and I mean
clean, not just polish). This is a soap, solid bar or liquid, that
leaves appropriate lubricating oils in the leather afterwards.

As always with leather, minimise the amount of water you use, as it
tends to darken the leather. So black is (by far!) the easiest colour
to work with.