Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT - God, then and now

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 09:49:29 GMT, the infamous "Harold and Susan
Vordos" scrawled the following:

"RogerN" wrote in message
om...

"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...

The "god" is not in the machine, Roger. Nor in your wife. Sub-vocalising
a plea to a mythical man-made omnipotent being is not going to alter the
natural progression of biology. I can match *every* one of your
"miracles" with a non-miraculous event of similar import.

But keep praying if it makes you feel better.
(That's all it does.)

--
Jeff R.

Ok, I got some "miracles" for you to match. Like I told you, some take
God life and death serious. They believe and perform the following Bible
verses:

Mark Chapter 16
17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will
drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up
snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not
hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they
will get well."

So, since you know it's all fake and you can match anything done by God, I
found you a church to go to where you prove your case by showing that you
can also handle poisonous snakes without them harming you and you can also
drink poison with no harm. Take Harold with you, you can both prove there
is nothing to it. They think God protects them but you can match it can't
you? Oops, more sarcasm slipping out :-) Go on, are ya chicken?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUdc5h10zTo

RogerN

How pitiful is that? You "dare" us to partake in that which we have
already acknowledged to be BS? You're really bouncing off the bottom now,
Roger. Would you expect us to play Russian Roulette with a loaded handgun,
too? We're not stupid. That's the part you seem to conveniently
overlook. We don't believe drinking poison is harmless. May I suggest to
you that you follow your own advice? Make sure your insurance is paid up.
Your family will thank you for your thoughtfulness.

That's not a test of faith, which neither of us claim to possess-----it's
the example of a person's ability to display the fact that he is a moron.
You, of all people, should know better than to taunt God.

You have yet to provide a shred of evidence to substantiate your
claims-----not a shred. Talk is cheap. Show us evidence, and please leave
out youtube, which can be just as fraudulent as the religion you profess to
believe.

Face it, Roger. You believe in the tooth fairly unlike others, who do not.
That's OK----we all have a right to believe that which suits our
agenda-----just don't expect the balance of society to drink that purple
punch with you, if you get my drift. That was God endorsed, as I recall.
How could anyone doubt their leader?

Harold

Who'd have thought that, _months_ later, Harold Vordos would _still_
be discussing the gods with a known Jesus Freak troll? Last year you
couldn't have forced me to believe it.

Get a room, guys.

---
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
--John Wayne (1907 - 1979)