Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default closet door- limited space?

On Nov 20, 7:52*am, HerHusband wrote:
I have a tiny bedroom with a small closet attached to it.
The bedroom is 8x11. *Along one 11foot wall is the 30" entrance and a
30" closet door. * * * The closet door is centered on a closet that is
about 7 ft wide and 3ft deep.
I've just got a rough [32x80] hole there now and some jamb material
out by the table saw.
The planned 'primary' use for this little room will be as an office &
storage space.
Any thoughts on handy, sturdy, space saving doors?

How about a curtain? You could make it match the window curtains if you
wanted to.

Or, how about making a face frame and a couple of cabinet doors and
disguising the opening as a cabinet? I built a couple of armoires for my
daughters bedroom with cabinet doors. They don't take a lot of space to
open, give full access to the opening, and look great.

Anthony

I may have missed it but....I had minimum space in remodeling the
bath. Put a narrow closed in next to the commode with 2x4 framing 'on
the flat' and used bifold doors. True that they do take just a little
room to open/close inside the closet but they are not intrusive
outside when open.

Harry K