Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default OT... I got HOSED

"Loren" wrote in :

Good Grief, I got hosed by an internet company.

In this day of trying to find bargains because of money is tight, I
got taken.

I was looking for restaurant coupons on the net, I came across a
company called Restaurant.Com
http://www.restaurant.com/index.asp?..._kwcid=restaur
ant.com|2647596287

Looks to be legit, right?

So, I printed off a couple of coupons, one of them cost me $10.00 for
a $25 coupon, and one for a pizza shop near me cost $3.00 for a $15.00
coupon.

It's a month later, and I notice on my Discover card, a charge of
$14.95. After the wife,daughter, & I could only see it had to be an
internet company, since the charge was from a different state, we
started a search on Google for the company.

Well, whatcha know, the company comes up in droves from Ripoff Report.
It appears somewhere in fine print, even after boasting they don't
sell, give, etc. your information away, they end up billing you by the
month @ $14.95 per month for using restaurant coupons. I suppose this
would be a deal, if you go out to eat often. Being on a tight budget,
we go out to eat, maybe once a month, and it's not at an expensive
place.

So now, I have to file a dispute, and will contact our State Attorney
General.

Anyways, just wanted to warn anyone buying off the internet, it's not
always what it appears to be.

and I notice on my Discover card,

Why don't you use virtual card numbers with any Internet transactions?
The card number generated can only be used once by anyone - exception is
a credit to the card number. I ALWAYS use them with Discover.