Michael Burton

Default Why wood prices are going up

Silvan wrote in
:

B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

Did you know that you can buy a decent four seat aircraft for less
than what many soccer moms pay for an SUV? G

Dad and I just read the Popular Mechanics article talking about how
the FAA is relaxing restrictions, and how many cheap airplanes are out
there now...

It's sort of exciting, and gets the ol' daydream motor running. OTOH,
he went through a flying thing back when I was in high school. He
eventually lost interest because there are almost no VFR days, and the
other members of the club he joined were having to ditch the plane,
rent cars and drive home (then drive back for the plane) in order to
avoid getting stuck for some unknowable time in BFE.

I've been looking at the sky and thinking about this since then, and
he's right. Not that it really matters to me anyway. $40,000 might
as well be $500 quadrillion for all the likelihood that I could come
up with it.

I hadn't heard about prices coming down. I have been wanting a small plane
for a loooong time. Something like a Cessna 150 or 172 or the like. I have
a buddy that lives across the street from me that flys Airbus A300/600 for
Fed Ex and is also an instructor pilot. I may have to do a little more
checking on this. We have some gorgeous flying weather where I live.

--
Michael Burton
Thunderbird Hardwoods

mhburton at moment dot net