Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus20688 Ignoramus20688 is offline

Default Mill advice?

On 2008-11-23, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 07:24:05 -0600, Ignoramus12532
wrote:

I'm still amazed at how fast this old PIII 866 runs on linux, and the
correct solution for the 1440x900 screen (MS and Nvidea offer NO
solution for a box this old running a TNT 64).

I use Ubuntu Linux basically everywhere, at home, at work, on laptops
etc. I am typing this message from a Ubuntu laptop while riding a
train, I am logged on to my home ubuntu server via ssh and that is
where my slrn and text editor are running. Of all distros, I find
Ubuntu to be most sophisticated and most nicely done.

My biggest issue with most versions of linux, is that few of them will
handle an external modem properly.

No..not Internal, which is another issue..but EXTERNAL ones.

Not unless you are a Linux whiz and go script writing

I have a feeling that you meant the opposite. External modems are easy
and internal ones are hard because they are usually softmodems.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/