Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default Cool little staple gun project

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
snip
That's a -lot- of brushes, sir. What have you done to reduce the
repair rate, or is that the cost of a quick production line and you're
OK with it? (but want the broken parts fixed and sold vs. scrapped)

To reduce repairs and scrap we have started designing a more comprehensive
training program to minimize the operator error part. We redesigned the
wire despoolers that accounted for a large percentage of problems. The
other big culprits are the wire feed mechanism and wire cutter. I figure
that for every percent of repairs reduced is the equivalent of increasing
speed three percent or more. Every percent of scrap reduced is even more.
I think we've fried all the big fish on the new machine and can't see any
major redesigns or improvements. The next big project is new technology for
making wire wheel brushes...then I'm gone retire!