Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jmeehan@columbus.rr.com is offline

Default restrictor for humidifier water feed?

On Nov 22, 9:28*am, Nate Nagel wrote:
I just turned on my humidifier for the winter... *noticed this last year
as well, a lot of the water goes right through the unit. *Is there a
commonly available valve or restrictor that I could splice into the feed
line for this so that I could adjust it so only the barest of trickles
comes out of the drain tube while the unit is operating? *Seems a shame
to waste all that water (that I have to pay for...)

thanks

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

On some units that water that is going through the unit is by
design. Too little water and it will quickly clog up with deposits.
The extra water tends to wash the deposits away and to dilute the
water enough that they don't form in the first place.