B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Default Why wood prices are going up

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 04:02:43 GMT, (Bruce) wrote:

I was in a hanger today of the Commemorative Air Force. They had a sign
that said, "There are old pilots. There are bold pilots. There are no
old, bold pilots."

An oldie but a goodie.

How many boaters run checklists every time they use the boat, with
another checklist each time the boat is docked or released, and yet
another when it's parked for the day?

I'll bet pleasure boats have exponentially more mechanical failures
and accidents, per hour operated, than small aircraft.

I've also seen two, widely varying types of personalities between the
typical private pilot and the typical pleasure boater. Anyone who
thinks the typical private pilot has suicidal tendencies and is a
daredevil has been watching too many movies.

Barry