Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Where to find silicone/plastic flashing(?) for kitchen plinths.

Jon Fairbairn wrote:
I've made some kickers (the fronts of the plinths) for my
kitchen. I want to make an unobtrusive seal between them
and the floor to stop spills seeping underneath, but as I
store junk behind them (and some of them are actually
drawers) I don't want to run silicone sealant along the
bottom. What I'd like is something like the stuff that
comes with IKEA plinths -- a transparent plastic strip that
fits on the bottom edge of the kicker and has a vane that
presses against the floor.

As I've just posted to somebody else - Howden's. They definitely
exactly sell this stuff; however they are trade-only so could be
awkward. You might be able to blag your way in though, or try and bribe
a tame joiner in their carpark?

BTW Howden's is the trade version of MFI, so it will be the same stuff
you were trying to obtain from them.

David