Richard

Default Light Switch Advise

"Chris Spyrou" wrote in message
. ..
The light set-up:
- 240W Spot Lights in the Kitchen.
- 2 x 20W Under Cabinet Lights (4 of these)
- 1 x 60W Hallogen Light in one hallway and 1 x 60W
Hallogen Light in the other hallway operated together
off the same connection.
- 1 x 150W Outside Garden Light - no sensor

I would like to have 2 double dimmers like these ones.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/KND22BC.html

The [1st] left dimmer to operate the kitchen light and the
right dimmer to operate the under cabinet lights.
The [2nd] left dimmer to operate the 2 hallway lights and
the right dimmer to operate the garden light. Also to
retain the 1G2W switch that turns on/off the hallway lights.

Is this possible?

I don't think the 4 Gang Dimmer Switch will be OK for this.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/KND25BC.html

I've read this and it seems that it should be OK.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technica...immerGuide.htm

Any help will be appreciated.

If you wish to dim halogen lamps you must have electronic type transformers
and the correct type of dimmer switch.