Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default GE Range Schematics???

Pete C. wrote:
dpb wrote:

Anyway, I think I've actually found the problem was in the timing
circuits -- it's running a cycle now; we'll see if it completes and
unlocks ...

Well, crapola...it completed the cycle but the door lock solenoid won't
engage to unlock the door...

So, tomorrow means more probing -- at least there's been progress and a
symptom to troubleshoot...

It's had enough time to cool down? They normally don't unlock for a
while until the temp is down to sane levels.

Yeah, the "door lock" light is off which is when temperature drops below
the magic setpoint.

Seems there's a problem getting juice to the solenoid though, anyway.
At least while it's not working I can trace back which portion of the
logic isn't functional or discover if the solenoid is intermittently
faulty. That'll be a bummer--that's one part that I've not been able to
locate replacement for if it is...

It would surely be nice to have the schematic, though, rather than
tracing through all the logic and relay contacts manually...